Name: Matthew J. Martin OD FIAOMC
Address: 955 W. Midland Rd, Auburn MI 48611
Phone number: 989-714-8666
Education and Licensure:
Matthew J. Martin OD FOAA
955 W. Midland Rd.
Auburn MI 48611
- AA _ Mott Community College Flint MI 1990-1993
- BS _ Ferris State University 1995
- OD _ Michigan College of Optometry 1995-1999
- Internships within the MCO program
- Aleda Lutz Veterans Administration (Saginaw)
- Johns Hopkins Low Vision Center (Baltimore)
- Olin Health Center (MSU)
- Doctor of Optometry (1999)
- License National Board of Examiners in Optometry 1999
- 2006 Certified Orthokeratology Academy of America
- Private Practice comprehensive Optometry since 1999.
- Auburn Optical
- American Optometric Association 1999-present
- Michigan Optometric Association 1999-present
- Fellow of the Orthokeratology Academy of America 2006-present
- Board member of the Orthokeratology Academy of America 2018
- Speaking Opportunities:
- GSLS Orthokeratology 101 and 102 with Caroline Couchi
- Vision By Design 2017 Fitting the OrthoK lens part 2: Lens on the Eye
- Vision By Design 2018 Fitting the OrthoK lens part 1: Lens on the Eye
- Vision By Design 2018 Fitting the OrthoK lens part 2: Lens on the Eye
- Vision By Design 2018 Ortho K Eye Q with Caroline Couchi
- Vision By Design 2018 Troubleshooting with Caroline Couchi
- Bipok Hanoi Vietnam 2018 Fitting the OrthoK lens part 1: Lens on the Eye
- Bipok Hanoi Vietnam 2018 Fitting the OrthoK lens part 2: Lens on the Eye
- 2010-2014 Delta College Taught Bio 101 Anatomy and Physiology and an associate professor
- Michigan College of Optometry
- As guest Lecturer for Dr. Kamen topic: practice management
- Saginaw Valley State University
- College of nursing and Health Sciences
- Learning for Life
- Topic: Optometry and Optometry as a Career
- Western High School topic: Anatomy and Physiology
- Western Elementary topic: Recognizing Binocular Defects in Children
- Bay Arenac ISD
- Nursing Assistant / Nursing Program topic: Ocular Anatomy and Physiology
- Multiple Sclerosis Support Group of Midland MI
- Auburn Area Branch Library, as well as a facility in Midland
- Topic: Ocular Effects of multiple Sclerosis
- A Comparison of Traditional and High Colour Temperature Lighting on the Near Acuity of Elementary School Children Published Science News Online 6/12/2006.
After graduating with honors in Pre-Optometry from Ferris State University, Dr. Martin attended the Michigan College of Optometry graduating with honors in 1999.
Dr. Matthew Martin, prides himself on providing comprehensive, leading edge eye care in a family friendly environment. Dr. Martin has a passion for helping people. His thorough, relaxed chair-side manner sets Dr. martin apart from many of his colleagues.
Dr. Martin has been serving the Mid Michigan area for 20 years providing comprehensive care, managing ocular disease, and specialty contact lens designs. He specializes in pediatric eye care and myopia control
Dr. Martin is a Fellow of the International Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control. He has a passion for educating and has served as a mentor for many doctors new to myopia control. In 2017 he was asked to present at VBD’s Bootcamp for Newcomers. Based on his engaging speaking style, he was invited to become a permanent member of the Bootcamp team.
He came to the notice of the Board when he joined the IAOMC Fellowship Committee. He was an active participant helping to revise FIAOMC policy, protocols and exams. In April 2018 he was elected to the AAOMC Board of Directors, served a one year term and brought with him fresh new ideas for growing the organization and educating optometry and the general public about the myopia epidemic.